Galaxy Aerials is committed to the protection of individuals privacy rights. We hold ourselves to the highest legal and ethical standard for compliance and we value the trust our clients, colleagues and suppliers place in us. We work hard to maintain that trust by building privacy protection into everything we do.
Galaxy Aerials will be known as the 'Data Controller' of the personal data you provide to us.
Purpose of the Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice explains in detail the different types of personal data we may collect during the course of providing our services to our actual or prospective customers.
This policy also explains how we’ll store, handle that data and how we will keep it safe. We will only process personal information as detailed in this policy unless we inform you otherwise.
Our hope is that the following sections will answer any questions you may have but, if not, please do get in touch. Claire Watson - Claire@GalaxyAerials.com
The Legal Basis For Data Processing That We Rely On
We will only ever process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement that we have made with you.
Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
Legitimate Interests - This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
Legal Obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime or to meet responsible lending criteria
What Personal Data Do We Collect
In order to provide our Services, we may hold the following information (but is not limited to);
Contact Information: We collect and retain personal contact information that you submit to us voluntarily and this includes; your full name, home address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Such contact information may be used, for example, to communicate with you to provide you with a quotation.
Demographic Information: We may collect and store anonymous demographic information (such as your postcode), so we can carry out internal market research, for example, to ascertain which areas the majority of our customers are from. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such accumulated demographic information.
Other Information: If your property is rented out we may require the contact details of the tenant so that we can arrange a convenient time to look at the work which needs to be completed, likewise, if you rent, we will need your landlord/ladies details so we can contact them to confirm they are happy for the work to go ahead on their property. We may ask you what type of roof you have or other information relating your concern and whether there are parking facilities outside your home.
Cookies: We use “cookies” to help enhance your online experience by making it easier for you to navigate through the Website and making certain features work better. For more information on our cookies, please see our policy here.
What Are The Specific Legitimate Business Interests That We Require Personal Data For
All the personal data we collect is processed and stored securely, it is kept for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes;
Supplying and of our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you, this includes providing quotes).
Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
Replying to your emails.
Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by letting us know in writing).
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by telephone or email or text message or post with information, news, and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under GDPR policy and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Where Do We Collect Personal Data From
We may obtain your personal data from the following sources (please note that this list is not exhaustive);
• individuals, including where an individual has provided us with their contact details or other information for the purposes of using our Services
• via our various type form questionnaires, completed by our customers
• via our software partners
• marketing databases
• social media
• our websites
• the public domain
• an agency, landlord, landlady, tenant or similar
• conversations, with you or others, on the telephone or video conferencing (which may be recorded) or in meetings
• notes following a conversation
Please note the majority of the personal data we control and/or process is provided by our customers, who in turn should ensure that they have a lawful basis for providing personal data to us. In order to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date, we request that our customers inform us of any relevant changes to the personal information we hold about them.
How And Why Do We Process Personal Data
We will process your personal data in the context of our dealings with our customers as part of our services. Processing may include (but is not limited to);
• processing data as is necessary for the purpose of contractual obligations to our customers
• collecting and storing personal data, whether in manual paper or electronic files
• to communicate with you
• sending information to third parties with whom we have or intend to enter into communications which are related to our services e.g. Your Landlord, Landlady, Agency
• retaining records of our dealings with Clients
Where And How Is The Data Stored
The data is stored in the following ways;
• paper and electronic customer files
• type form questionnaires
• the company’s email system
• accountancy records
• any other written or electronic documentation produced during the normal course of the company’s business.
How Long Will We Process Your Data For
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see data subject rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With
We shall not share personal data unless we are entitled to do so. The categories of persons with whom we may share personal information include;
• Any regulatory authority or statutory body pursuant to a request for information or any legal obligation which applies to us
• Our accountant for accountancy purposes
• We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, scaffolders. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data, an example is providing an address to a scaffolding company to provide their service as part of us completing our work which would have been discussed with you. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We do not use any automated decision-making software.
Data Subject Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the legal right to:
a) Request access to your personal data.
b) Request correction of your personal data.
c) Request erasure of your personal data.
d) Object to processing of your personal data.
e) Request restriction of processing your personal data.
f) Request transfer of your personal data.
g) Withdraw consent.
For more detail about your data subject rights please see the information on the www.ico.org.uk.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
What We May Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please note that where a right to request that we erase data or cease any processing activity is exercised, we may retain a record of this request and the action taken in order to both evidence our compliance, and to take steps to minimise the prospect of any data being processed in the future should it be received again from a third-party source. If you have any questions concerning your rights or should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Claire Watson (Claire@GalaxyAerials.com)
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or the transfer of all or part of our assets to a third party, we may need to transfer information to a third party. Any transfer will be subject to the agreement of the third party to this Privacy Notice and any processing being only in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Data Security And Confidentiality
It is our policy to ensure, in so far as is reasonably practicable, that our systems and records are secure and not accessible to unauthorised third parties in line with contemporary practice.
This section of the privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.GalaxyAerials.com
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 16 years of age.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at Claire@GalaxyAerials.com
What Data Do We Collect About You, For What Purpose And On What Grounds We Process It
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you;
• User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business
• Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract
between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract
• Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims
• Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions and events such as competitions, prize draws, charity events and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy
• Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy
• We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to
send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators. We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (a) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (b) you agreed to receive marketing communications, and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. We will not share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at Claire@GalaxyAerials.com at any time.
Last Updated: 10th January 2020